- Prepare cost accounting records.
- Maintains logs and records including pre-paid expenses, depreciation on fixed assets and amortization for insurance reports.
- Assist in Analyzes department gross margin and price variance information, and generates required reports (daily, weekly, period, and yearly).
- Gather and analyzes cost changes and related reports (gross margin and cost savings projects) in products, raw materials, manufacturing to facilitate pricing decisions.
- Collaborating with operations to establish yield standards, and usage standards.
- Responsible to maintain current and accurate information related to costing.
- Checks physical inventory counts against system reports (period and year end) to ensure accurate data.
- Assist analyzing the production and inventory reports, making required period end entries to ensure accuracy and cost effectiveness.
- Collaborates with operations departments to ensure continuity, clarify cost information and to facilitate cost analysis.
- Prepares costing sheets for imported products, calculating all costs accrued with shipment.
- Performs other related and assigned duties as necessary.
Minimum QUALIFICATIONS: Education and experience equivalent to:
Bachelor’s degree in commerce or accounting from an accredited college or university.
1 to 3 years’ experience in cost accounting functions. preferrable food industry.